Sunday, October 10, 2010

Red River Revel- BIG bossier Weekend!

Friday afternoon mom, aiden, and I headed to Bossier to spend some time with papaw, debbie, van, and brittany for the weekend. Aiden was so good in the car and I was very proud of him because I knew meltdowns were just right around the corner. When we arrived at debbie's house I realized I had wasted my time taking aiden to the pumpkin patch earlier in the day cause this neighborhood goes ALL OUT with the halloween/ fall decorations.

KNOCK KNOCK, mr. scarecrow pumpkin man greets you at the door.
and this is the mini pumpkin patch, bails of hay, scarecrow sitting in her front yard? Oh so cute! Also notice the halloween lights strung across the roof. Impressive right?
We went out for an early steak dinner with, from left: Van, Me, aiden, debbie, mom, and papaw. Notice how I'm not looking? Yeah I was checking to see if aiden was looking and he was so subsequently he looks cute and smiling and I look silly!
Saturday - BIG DAY! We went down to downtown shreveport for the RED RIVER REVEL! Basically an outdoor fair, carnival, eclectic art and shopping festival. We got there before it opened though so we took a stroll along the shreveport river walk and took some pictures.

Deb and Brittany. Mother/ Daughter
Mom and Deb. Sisters.
Then we went into the revel.
It reminds you a lot of a fair when you first walk in because you are immediately hit with all those fair food smells!
Walking around...unfortunately it got HOT!
And aiden has a new favorite friend.
He adores brittany.
Us 4 girls & aiden leaving the revel when we decided it was too warm and we were too tired!
Close up of just the girls. Can you see the family resemblance in this picture?? I'm thinking yes!
We went to the red door gallery (I think that's the name???) oh so cute and precious decorations and collectibles that had me hyperventilating thinking about aiden being in that store. His new favorite person got elected to sit outside with him! :)

And then there are no pictures but all the women in my family were kind enough to go from store to store helping me brainstorm/ look for fabric for "baby girl's" nursery. What a BIG day! After which we went back to deb's to pack up and tell the boys goodbye so that mom & I could get on the road and hopefully home by a decent hour.
Aiden with Papaw/ Posh.
We haven't exactly decided which name aiden will refer to papaw by. I call him papaw, my younger cousins call him posh. We shall let aiden decide. Either way I LOVE this picture!

We had such a good albeit short visit with our family in Bossier and today I am looking forward to resting while Ben attends not 1 but 2 professional games being played in Arlington today. Lucky him. Lucky me that I am in my nice cool house about to take a nap with aiden!

post signature

4 comments:

Debbie said...

Had SUCH a good weekend!! Enjoyed yalls visit so much. Thoroughly enjoyed the Revel and I am always up for Fabric shopping. Good times!

Scooter Cox said...

Great weekend. Special time.
Where is the picture of us at the cute sandwich shop?

I am still thinking I need to try to copy that wrap I had.

Anonymous said...

I am sorry I was out of town. I feel like I missed a great time. I know Charley enjoyed spending time with all of you. We enjoyed all the pictures so much. Please come again soon.

Britt said...

Wish I could 'Like' this! I had fun, I'm so glad yall came. We will have to do it again, SOON!