Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Giving Thanks in November


"Give thanks to the Lord for He is good, His love endures forever!"

As we did last year, our family made a "thanksgiving" tree which we added leaves of "thanks" to every day. Everyone had a leaf for every day of november. Even hallie, although we had to kind of guess what she was thankful for each day based on what we had done that day. Aiden really GOT it this year though and it was fun to hear what he was thankful for each night. It ranged from deep like "the baby Jesus" or his friends or family... to pillows & doors. It was still always sweet to hear his prayers of thanksgiving.

He also really enjoyed helping put the leaves up this year and was particular about where they were placed. I was sad to take the tree off the wall on December 1st. I pray I will always do a good job of reminding my kids to be thankful every day, in all circumstances, and for everything- not just in the month of November.
Sweetest little boy ever with the completed tree
My sweet kiddos with our thankful tree

We have so much to be thankful for!

post signature

1 comment:

Sherry Bryant said...

You are SO creative! I LOVE the tree!! You are an amazing mom! I wish I could have been as good as you!!!!