Thanksgiving #2 was more of a weekend experience at the lake house. My parents invited all of our family (both sides) to come out whenever they could and stay for as long as they wanted so people came & went & ate & played for many days.
As for my family, we couldn't go until saturday morning. Ben had to work black friday and then had to work some on saturday as well so Me & the kids hitched a ride with the Bryant family to the lakehouse Saturday morning.
Aiden was very excited he go to 1) ride in a big boy booster seat (he has just now reached the height/ weight requirement for a booster) and 2) he got to ride next to his BFF blake!
Blake was a champ, entertaining and playing with aiden all weekend. When we arrived at the lake saturday afternoon we did some hanging around, playing games, just relaxing time.

Poppy & hallie
Brandi, Sherry, me, mamaw, gig & hallie playing what else??? Mexican train!!! :)
Saturday night we had a fiesta celebration complete with all the mexican fixins.

Sherry & mom hard at work preparing the feast.


While others lounged


And boys played :)
Yummy food!
I love this picture. My cousin brandi, SIL beth, and hallie.
The diners-minus me.

Such a cute little girl...who knew the havoc she would wreak just a few short hours later...

When she kept me & her daddy up ALL. NIGHT. LONG. When I say all....

I mean ALLLLLLL....

I think daddy got a few good hours of sleep. maybe 3-4? But no such luck for mommy who was up with this little darlin all hours of the night. I stopped trying to even put her down past 3AM. I still don't know what was up with that night, if it was the lake, if it was being off her schedule, if it was teething, if it was trying to have her sleep in the same room with us? Who knows but it was a rough night.
SUNDAY
We started the day with a full breakfast and church and then the bryant's had to leave us.

I didn't take very many pictures on sunday...I guess I was off my game from the lack of sleep.
These are some really cute turkey cooies that my cousin Kat made and Aiden LOVED!

Yep pretty sure he might have eaten them all. Every time I turned around he was asking someone else if he could have 1 and they would give him 1 not knowing he had already eaten all the missing turkeys.
We had a fun sunday afternoon craft of making christmas planners. Gigi had come up with the idea and bought all the supplies.
They turned out really cute.
All the planners made by the girls. The men were off doing "manly" things. I still don't really know what all that entailed but I do know that there was a blow torch involved.

The grogan family before they had to leave after our traditional thanksgiving feast sunday afternoon. Which I don't have pics of for some crazy reason but it was yummy also. My family left the lake around 4:30pm on sunday afternoon, we had planned to stay later but after the no sleep, the mass amount of sugar in aidens system and hallie refusing to nap...we were ready to get home and get those kids to BED!
It was a really fun break from tradition to do a multiple day celebration out at the lakehouse with all the family that could come. It made our time together more relaxing and less rushed. Less formal and more fun. I really enjoyed it, except the no sleeping part :)
3 comments:
So much Fun! I love Mexican Train. Although I have only played it one time. But, looks like yall had plenty of good food and fellowship! Love the little turkey cookies! Very cute.
the fellowship was fun. The food was amazing. The pace was slow..........Hallie not sleeping and Sammi getting deathly sick will always be remembered.
Blake and Aaron both had asthma and breathing issues.
HMMM.....can you tell we are not really use to healthy country living?
Anxious to go back and see if we can all sleep, breath and stay healthy.
Even though my boy had (and still has) the breathing issues, he had a BLAST!!!! Well, we 3 did! Can't wait till Tom can experience the Lake House(s)!! Thank you again for having us and next time....I'll take baby duty and let Jen and Ben sleep. Had I not been at the other house, I would have demanded I take over and let them sleep. But, you ALL looked GREAT for your family pictures, even with lack of sleep!
Post a Comment