Tuesday, December 13, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas

On the 3rd Day of Christmas... :)

We had a family fun day of turning our house into a winter wonderland!!! We started our morning with a festive breakfast...
Holiday Pancakes.
And then we got all the decorations down out of the attic. Ooh sparkly, pretty!!! (Hallie is way more interested in the decorations than aiden ever was as a baby)
Aiden got to help daddy & I outside with the lights on the trees.

He thought this was super fun. This was pretty much the only part he helped with, other than putting a few ornaments on the tree with me when he woke up from his nap.

Now the final product! Welcome to our home for the holidays!!!
Fair warning: I LOVE christmas decorations!!!
Front door
Front entry
Homemade card holder
(although will need to add more rows of ribbon considering they're pretty much filled up on dec the 7th)
The stocking were hung by the chimney with care :)

Our Christmas Tree
The garland from the living room to the dining
Dining Area
(and yes mom I plan to leave it set all month...it's worked so far!)
The buffet
Kitchen counters
The "kids" table
Back door
Aiden with the tree...yes he looks kinda scary, I was still taking pictures with my phone at this point and didn't realize he had his eyes closed and looks a little scared until I downloaded the pics later...oops!
Hallie with the tree
An attempt at getting them both.
What a great family day. We eneded the day of decorating and becoming festive with a fire and a Christmas movie in PJ's. The most wonderful time of the year!!!!
Cuddling with mommy on the couch for movie time :)
Thanks for visiting our home for the holidays!!! I love having the house all decorated and festive. Makes my heart happy.

post signature

7 comments:

Suzanne said...

jen! the house looks beautiful and your tree is gorgeous! such a fun, exciting time with this age group, right?! i love it.

merry christmas, girlfriend.
xoxo
suz

Debbie said...

I LOVE all of your Christmas decorations! That is a very clever way of displaying your Christmas cards. I may have to steal that. I also love the way that glass Christmas tree that BEN won last year (?) during Dirty Santa looks on your buffet. Everything looks so festive and pretty!

Debbie said...

Oh and I also wish this had a "zoom" feature. I need to zoom in on that picture that is on the table in the entry!! Can I see that up close? :-)

Sherry Bryant said...

Looks GREAT!!!! I just LOVE Christmas lights!!!! You've done a great job and it all looks wonderful!

Scooter Cox said...

love all your decorating. The house looks beautiful. The tree is gorgeous!! Even the wrapped presents are beautiful.

Mamaw said...

My favorite pic is aiden and hallie by the tree

Grammy said...

House is so pretty and you can never have too many Christmas decorations. There's still time to come to Dallas and look at lights one night. We love you all and love to see all the things you do with the kids.